Monday, May 11, 2009

Music Update:)

I was asked to sing the National Anthem last Saturday, the 9th of May, at the local 'Babe Ruth Games'. They are just a series of baseball games for the middle school kids against the other teams in town.
I did it acapella and did amazingly well, I thought. I messed up a word, but oh well. People will get over it! It was a good experience to get out of my comfort zone.

Not only did I sing the National Anthem, but on Friday, May 8th, was State Choir Festival. We sang three songs. 'Hallelujah Amen', 'Benedictus', and 'Ride the Chariot'. On our 'Ride the Chariot' song, I got the main solo, that lasted almost half the song. I think I did pretty well:) Dad even came to hear it! We got a Superior rating, which is the best you can do, and we even get a plaque for it. Life is so fun..

I love music:)

No comments:

Post a Comment